Friday, June 19, 2015

rest in peace.

I remember clearly coming back from school to find out my dad was gone five years ago. When i got home, no one was home except for one of mom's close friends who told me that he has left us. The first thing that came into my mind was, yeah, i expected that. And i responded with "ok". I went upstairs straight into my room to get ready to leave the house with mom's friend. The moment i opened my wardrobe, tears started flowing down my cheeks uncontrollably.

All sorts of thoughts were running through my head. Flashbacks, especially. And at the moment, i realised, I'd never see him again. I'd never be able to play the piano with him. I'd never be able to celebrate birthdays with him. I'd never walk down the aisle with him by my side. And most importantly, i'd never get to call him daddy again.

This morning, i woke up to the news that my best friend has lost his father. I couldn't help but teared as i was typing my message to him. Tried calling him but i guess he was busy so i didn't want to disturb. Even though i didn't get to talk to him, but i could strongly feel his pain. It reminded me of the time my dad left. Wish i could do something for him.

Stay strong, dear friend. I believe he's in a better place now.

2 comments:

  1. Hey dear,

    Uncle will always be in your heart de! :D Continue to stay strong!

    ReplyDelete