Friday, May 08, 2015

Been away for way too long. My weekends are fully packed with activities since after CNY, I have something on almost every week. From trainings to tournaments to outstation. I'm glad to say I'm living my life to the fullest! So here are a few events that happened while I was away, others are on instagram if anyone's interested (nobody, i believe).

HELP Sports Carnival
Last year, we lost in the final to business department. It was a disappointment to all of us because apparently we were the only team who trained every week before the tournament which was why this year we trained a lot harder and were well prepared before the tournament. Unfortunately, on the day itself, we were the only registered female team that turned up. Which was yet another disappointment for us because we really wanted to fight for the title this year. However, we still won by default and got first place for female category. I don't know if this was good or bad but another achievement for me i guess. On the other hand, psychology department was crowned overall champion once again. So proud of my department!
Psychology female futsal team
CHAMPIONS!
Psychology Department

LOTW 
Abbreviation for Light of the World. This is a camp organised by the Chinese-Speaking Young Catholic Society Coordinating Committee, Archdiocese of Kuala Lumpur (pheww such a long name), which consisted of youths from different parishes and I'm one of the committees, representing SIC. The planning of this camp started end of last year and I'm really glad that we managed to put together such a big camp in just a few months time. God's been amazing (always is) for bringing 208 participants and 51 committees together. It wasn't easy from the beginning as we faced challenges with the venue, budget and number of participants, even during the camp itself. However, it was a miracle that everything fell into places and who else to thank if it's not Him? Truly grateful for the opportunity given to be in this big family of Christ. Although i had to leave on the third day of camp because i had mini tournament, but I experienced so much in just two days. Besides, some of these people I worked with are people I met many years ago but never had the chance to get to know them better. Glad we reconnected in camp, and I'm thankful for that :)
Partner in crime for the first two days of camp
God's children <3

MINITON
Soljabiru futsal mini tournament which took place last sunday in Penang. From Port Dickson, which was where I had camp, I had to take taxi to terminal one in Seremban and then take bus to Sg Petani, Kedah. It was my first time travelling alone so far and honestly, i was a bit scared at first. A friend of mine offered to drop me off at terminal one instead of taking taxi but i didn't want to trouble anyone. So anyway, i managed to reach Sg Petani safely to meet up with the others because they had family day in Kedah but I couldn't join because of camp. The next day, they drove to Penang and I followed one of them. Had so much fun meeting new people in Penang because I've never seen some of these members of Soljabiru before this. The ladies were supposed to play a four-way futsal with some female teams in Penang, but they called off last minute so again, we won by default. Anyway, we still got to play futsal with the kids, and we still had fun :)
Soljabiru family

My life's been all about futsal, church activities, football, university and futsal again. I have nothing to complain about but to thank God for all of these amazing things. Taking all of that into account, friendships made along the way are what I treasure the most, and will forever be grateful for having all of them in my life. 

1 comment: